I’m trying to exclude one custom taxonomy from an archive page, and then show the terms of the returned posts.
When I run WP_Query to exclude the custom term, it returns the posts correctly, but no longer fetches the terms array when using
wp_get_post_terms(). I suspect that not querying in the positive prevents it from fetching the terms. Here’s what my code looks like:
$query = new WP_Query( array( 'tax_query' => array( array( 'taxonomy' => 'documenttype', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => array('pressreleases'), 'operator' => 'NOT IN' ), ) ) ); //then later, in the loop ... $terms = wp_get_post_terms($query->post->ID,'documenttype'); // var_dump($terms) shows an empty array
Thanks for your help everybody.
I was using a custom post type and forgot to include
I finally got to the problem by doing a
var_dump on the
WP_Query object and looking at the SQL. Running the query directly on the database and picking through it, I eventually found my error.