Unable to login to my wordpress site. reauth=1 redirection loop

There was a similar post to this, however the solution did not work for me.

I am having some difficulty logging into my WordPress site. When I attempt to visit example.com/wp-admin, I see the login page as per usual, however, once I enter my login details, the page essentially reloads and the url changes to:

http://example.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fmysite.com%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1

This is a loop which I cant pass beyond. The front end of the website seems to be working as per usual. Visiting example.com/wp-login.php and entering my login details has the same behaviour as listed above.

I have confirmed this is not a problem with anything on my local machine as the behaviour persists across multiple browsers, devices and networks.

As suggested by others, I went into PhpMyAdmin > wp_usermeta > and deleted the meta_value for session_token. This did not fix the issue.

I turned on DEBUG and was provided with the following items when loading example.com/wp-login.php:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home//public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1308) in /home//public_html/wp-login.php on line 425

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home//public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1308) in /home//public_html/wp-login.php on line 438

I have found numerous forum posts about the issue but none offer a satisfactory solution.

Please help as I urgently need to update content on the site.

Solutions Collecting From Web of "Unable to login to my wordpress site. reauth=1 redirection loop"

“Headers already sent” errors are frequently caused by plugin conflicts. Since you have access to phpMyAdmin, you could try emptying the active_plugins data from the options table. (But first I would copy and save the option_value elsewhere for resetting it if it doesn’t help.)

I had similar problem with getting into admin area of a wordpress site. My problem was solved by downgrading PHP version on my webserver from 7 to 5. Some plugins could not work properly under PHP 7. So after downgrading I deactivated all of them and upgraded PHP to 7 and it was working.